Would you like to work for the worlds largest, most exciting and innovative supplier of laser, special effects equipment and crew? ER Productions is the world record holder for the worlds largest laser display performed in Dubai in 2021, would you like to join the team and be part of delivering the most exciting displays on planet earth? This could be the job for you.
For the right candidates there are development and career opportunities as our business continues to implement our ambitious long term growth strategy. Our work will truly give you the opportunity to develop your skills and broaden your experience enabling you to develop and grow.
Purpose of the Role
Use computer aided design (CAD) to Design and prototype mechanical parts within the R&D department for new product releases, bespoke projects and internal company use within the fields of Entertainment lasers and Special Effects. Manage the out sourcing of fabrication for mechanical parts and assemblies. Test prototypes for suitability. Operation of 3D printers for producing prototypes and production runs. Reporting to the Technical Director.
You will be working in a fast paced international business across multiple time zones, therefore it is important that you have the following Skills and Experience:
● Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
● Ability to perform engineering calculations / analysis in order to asses material suitability and verify design functionality
● Ability to work alone, or as part of a team, working under pressure to meet set deadlines
● Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
● Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
● 2-5 Years proven working experience in a mechanical engineering role
● Experience with Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) using machines such as CNC Mills and Laser Cutters
● 2-5 Years experience in using CAD software such as AutoCAD and Fusion360 to create 3D models and 2D Technical drawings
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
● Use CAD to design and document mechanical parts that meet design specifications, including sheet metal and milled parts for equipment enclosures, optical mounts, electronic component mounts and motor drive systems.
● Working with external fabricators to produce components and assemblies ensuring that parts are delivered on time to meet project deadlines.
● Producing components for prototyping purposes using the in-house 3D printers.
● Keeping up-to-date on new and innovative manufacturing technologies and techniques to ensure we produce the best and most cost effective product designs.
● Assembly and testing of prototype products.
● Producing assembly instructions and guides for external manufacturers and in-house staff
Package on Offer:
● Salary: dependent on experience
● Participation in company bonus scheme (after probationary period)
● Bupa Health Care
● Company Pension Scheme
● Mobile Phone
● Apple Laptop
● 4 Weeks holiday + Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
A little about us:
ER Productions is an international, award-winning laser show & laser system design and special effects specialist, with credits spanning high profile events, advertising, television and worldwide concert tours.
Constantly pushing the envelope when it comes to the ongoing development, manufacture and sourcing of cutting-edge laser & SFX products, we have the largest collection of laser solutions worldwide.
With offices in the UK, Spain, Australia and USA, ER Productions is perfectly placed to deliver systems and show-stopping laser & SFX displays around the world.